Friday, August 17, 2007

FeDOra or FeDON'Tra? You be the judge

So what is the concensus on fedora's? Should they get the axe or should folks of all shapes, sizes and mental states continue rocking these hats with their sassy brims and enjoying the moderate shade they provide from the mid-day sun?
Example:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So a couple of well-known, fun loving and typically right on the money celebrity fashion blogging broads felt that this was not such a great look for old simpy simp. I, however, disagree. Since I am solely discussing the fedora and whether or not it should keep on rocking in the free world I am going to give Miss Ashlee credit where credit is due. The girl can rock a hat. I think it's because she has fairly angular features, a very pointy chin and an oblong face. Her head isn't lost in the hat and her face does stand out. Somehow, my description makes her visage sound less than appealing but I think she looks good. Yes, her hair is long and stringy and looks like she spent the last few days at the beach. But, just between you and me, I want that kind of hair so bad I would shave a lhasa apso and super glue it's fur to my skull.
Example 2:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ok, so here is the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm sorry but it's hard to be fair with this girl. I just think Rumer Willis is soooo frucked up looking. Nothing is going to look good on her. No matter what. She too has a substantial, oblong face. But in a weird, cartoonish, moon looking way. I do love that dress. And her legs look awesome. However, a fedora is neither a dress nor a pair of legs. It's a head accessory. And naturally, since it is sitting atop her bizarre melon all focus goes straight to her frugliness. And, honey, as a woman you should know how to work your assets and hide your flaws. So, for next time, let me suggest this as a nice option for a head accessory:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: