Tuesday, August 21, 2007

If these walls could talk, they'd probably be screaming

Please read below and then we shall dish.

August 21, 2007
Bronx Basement "Chamber of Horrors"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A strange incident in the Bronx: A city inspector went to the basement of 1912 Holland Avenue to check on a hot water heater, but he ended up contacting the police because he found a bizarre laboratory. 1010 WINS says that there were "viles of acid, formaldehyde and various bones and organs being preserved." Weird! More weird: The Post reports there were also "medical equipment and rubber stalactites." And then there's the "refrigerator that was storing blood."

The building had four apartments, two of which are vacant. One resident told the Post, "If these walls could talk, they'd probably be screaming" and NY1, "I saw some stuff in jars like some embryo stuff in jars and some skulls and like a lot of, like, medical stuff like nobody shouldn't have, like a hospital."

The building is owned by Barry Greene, who is currently in prison serving time for sodomy and sex abuse charges (he abused four Bronx children). It's unclear if the basement's contents belong to Greene, but the NYPD is investigating whether the bones, organs and all belong to animals and/or humans. But the building is in disrepair and Greene does face some violations.
*************************************************************************************

First off, my apologies for posting such a bizarre and disturbing post on our fun little carefree blog. But guess what people. This is life. And it's cold and hard and weird and bizarre. I actually take that back. Please don't buy into my fake cynicism. I was toying with the idea of being hard core and as the old saying goes, "If the shoes fits, wear it". Well shugs. The shoe didn't fit. So I am taking it off. This seems to be the case here lately. My feet keep expanding. I have a serious issue with swollen feet in the summertime dammit. LEAVE ME ALONE! I can't even remember where I was going with all of this. Oh yes, I am not terribly hard core. I am sticking with cheerful positivity thanks. HOWEVER, I do love gruesome shiz and this is some sicko shizz for realz!!! I freaking love that the writer of the article posted above actually used the exclamation "Weird!" in her post referring to the Jame Gumb style laboratory our homeboy had set up in his basement. I also love that the neighbor they interviewed uses the word "like" more than me. They either found the one valley girl in the Bronx or someone has a little case of the Tourette's. Also, what the heck does "like nobody shouldn't have" mean? Does that actually translate to everybody should have? I am so confused by that double-negetive I can't see straight. How the hell do those words even form to come out of someone's mouth? Like, I tried saying it outloud and my toungue automatically turned to concrete and fell out of my mouth. Seriously. Oh Barry Greene. I kind of understand why you executed the heinous acts listed above. If my neighbor was a retarded valley girl from the Bronx with Tourette's I might have done a lot worse.

No comments: